Monday, September 15, 2008

Fisch Again!!

I took a look once again at the Fisch blog page. A Formula for Success?, done on February 13,2007 looked at the math topic. Mr. Fisch was trying to explain how students inputs or comments can work. They students were trying to figure out if there is more than one "right answer" to a math problem. Fisch made the suggestion that teachers try to make math a little easier for students to understand. Student were having a hard time remembering the equations and were to plug the numbers in order to get the answer. Yes, I admit it is hard to remember all that information. I totally agree with Mr. Fisch. Math teachers tend to think that something is wrong with how you think, but my thinking is fine. Math has always been a subject that I could not grasp tightly. I did just enough to do well on the test. Yes, students need to be taught in a way that they can remember and get the right answer. Also there are different ways to get a answer to problem. But in most cases it has to follow the math rules.
Fisch

No comments: