Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Blogs for Everyone!

book cover
shiny sphere
A classroom teacher in the state of Colorado is using a class blog with her students and their parents. Her students are eight grade Language Arts students. Their blog is actually a first for this teacher, and the students. The teacher places assignments on the blog and what books they will be reading in the week. Her students place some of their assignments on the blog and also projects. They also commit on each other blogs. Postings also include what they do on a day to day basis. Another classroom uses blogger they are from Noel,MO. The class that is posted is a 5th grade class.The teachers students have their class blog posted but also they have the students personal blogs posted up. This blog and the blog that I mentioned first, have some of the same materials but this particular website is very detailed. This teacher has plenty of links and videos. The students perform experiments on video. Postings of different class links like educational games, creative writing blogs, tech tips and other links are also on the blog. This is really cool! Here is the links to this sites.
http://mrcsclassblog.blogspot.com/

http://classblogmeiste/blog.php?blogger
_id=117417&blog_id=&listclass=19280

1 comment:

Wm Chamberlain said...

Thanks for the kind words about my class blog. I remember how excited I was when I was in my edu classes learning about all the things I could use when I became a teacher. Just remember, you want the best tool for whatever you do and technology is just one tool of many.

I wish you much success.

Wm. Chamberlain