Saturday, November 15, 2008

Observations of Podcast

I thought that this assignment was a great way to get our feet wet in pod casting. Having never done it before, I was nervous while doing it, but after awhile I became less nervous. The assignments that Dr. Strange assigned all dealt with topics pertaining to education, and how they could be useful or not for teacher and future teachers. He assigned us to groups of 2,3 or 4, and gave us a topic to research and explore. We then had to record our conversation around a table with a microphone and our cue cards or notes for reference. The cue cards were used to help us stay focused on our topic.
One of the groups that listened to was that group that did, "Burp Back Education". The members were Ashley, Sandy, and Robyn. There podcast was very informative on this topic. Yes, I totally agree that we as future teachers should not have to do burp back education. Children learn better when they have hands on activities that go along with the lesson. This increases the learning level of the material when it is not just focused on testing material. The only thing that I could find wrong was that they did not have enough time to talk on their subject. It was great and well prepared for.
The second group that I listened to was on, ''Face book as an Educational Tool". The members were Theola and Lerrica. There podcast was also informative on the uses and the set up of face book. Lerrrica stated that she did not have a face book account, so she was asking Theola on how it works, who can join, what uses can it be good for as far as teachers and that she would like to set up an account. Face Book is something that I did not get into personally. But I know people who have this particular account set up. I do not know if I would use it as a teacher, because I am going to be teaching elementary school, so my student would more than likely not be into this particular thing. Now high school students, this would definitely work better with them because they are older. One thing that I found not so good about their podcast was that they only had two member versus three or four members like the other group.
The third group that I will be committing on is my own group. The members consisted of Josh, Rachel and myself. Our topic was ," How can blogging be useful to future teachers?" We thought that blogging would really be very useful, not only for students but for the parents. This would be a great way to communicate to the parents, that you cannot get in contact with when you need to. It is a way to share classroom information, school calender,lunch menus, or important information on thing going on in the classroom. I will be using blogs in my future classroom. I found that this would be a great tool for teachers to use. The only thing that I found wrong with our podcast is that we could have cut it shorter that it was instead of rambling on. All and all I thought that this was a great assignment to do for class. Thank you Dr. Strange for assigning this particular assignment.

No comments: